Are you a hater or a lover of AMRAP work outs?
Some benefits of those AMRAP style work outs.
- They work for any fitness level: An elite and beginner could train side by side, and both have a great workout (providing the exercises given suit both levels). The elite may perform many more reps or rounds, but when the clock stops, both have pushed themselves appropriately and the beginner is not left finishing all by themselves.
- Intensity: AMRAPS encourage intensity. It’s you against the clock (and some peeps ideally!) which should motivate you to push that little bit harder than a simple circuit or set.
- Fast: They are a great calorie booster as you rest less, move faster and have to keep pushing even when fatigue sets in.
- Finite: Because AMRAPS are time based, mentally they are quite manageable. You know you’ve only got X minutes of effort (or pain!) in front of you.
- Repeatable: One of the great things about AMRAPS is you can repeat and beat your score. Record your results and set yourself a challenge to beat them next time.
Todays wod was:
30 KB swings,
20 box jumps
10 Toes 2 Bar