Time to sweat for charity!
We are running a 4 week rowing challenge this holiday season. We were inspired by the Holiday Challenge that Concept 2 is hosting online. (Feel free to check it out here: https://log.concept2.com/challenges/holiday .) However, we've decided to change a couple things. Firstly, instead of donating $0.02 for every 1000 m rowed, CrossFit Crux will donate $0.02 for every 100 m rowed. And secondly, rather than sending in an online donation via the Concept 2 website to their selected charities, we thought we'd keep it local, and turn it over to you!
Here's how it'll work:
- Teams of 2 will work together to accumulate a total of 100 000 m rowed between Mon Nov 20 and Sun Dec 17. (Teams of 4 could also work together for 200 000 m if you'd like.)
- Any rowing completed as part of a class workout will not count. You can therefore put towards this challenge any distance rowed before a class, after a class, during Open Gym, at home, etc.
- Keep track of the metres rowed between you and your teammate(s), and log your metres as you row them on the giant board at the gym. We will mark completion at every 10 000 m interval.
- CrossFit Crux will donate $0.02 for every 100 m rowed, up to a maximum of 100 000 m rowed, or $20 per team.
- The registration fee to get started is $10 per person (or $20 per two-person team), which will kick start our gym donation and go directly to the funds raised.
- Sign up is super simple - fill out your names on the registration sheet at the counter and upon sign up, pay at the desk (cash only please).
- This is open to everyone - whether you have a CrossFit, Metcon or Youth membership, we'd love as many people as possible to take part!
The organization we'd like to donate to this year is York Regional Police Holiday Heroes Food & Toy Drive. If, in addition to your rowing, you'd like to donate non-perishable food items, new children's clothing, or new unwrapped toys, we will collect them at the gym as well and deliver them along with the funds raised.
Lastly, this is a great prelude to the annual 4 week rowing competition that we host every January. Stay tuned for more details on that!