This will be our 4th Annual Crux Intramural Open. The most fun we have in the gym over a 5 week period. Hands Down!
In a nutshell: We run 5 CrossFit Open workouts over a 5 week period, run as an in house competition. Each person who joins us for the Intramural Open will be placed on a Crux team. Each team will have a captain and there will be points awarded each week.
Note* For this in-house competition, the main emphasis of points will be on participation- not performance! So if you’re worried about “not being ready” or "new to the gym" don’t be! All that’s required is that you show up, do a workout (which you'll have to do on Friday in regular class anyways), and cheer on your teammates! The majority of the points come from participation & team spirit each week.
Our goal is to make this a fun experience for everyone, bring our community together while testing our hard work that we put in each week!
The CrossFit Open runs February 23 rd - March 27th every Friday in the gym. (Don't worry if you can't make all Friday's , we will make sure to have optional times to make it work for you)
To be a part of all this FUN you will need to sign up. The Crux Intramural Open is FREE. We need you to register here so that we can make teams. We plan on making teams on Sunday Feb 5th so you will need to get registered by then. If you are not registered by then you wont be put on a team.
If you want to see how you stack up to others around the world (not just Crux), you can also register for the Worldwide Open here. By officially registering for the Open your score will always be available to look back on, plus you get 5 extra points for your team just for doing so. Cost of registering for the online Open is US $20 payable to CrossFit HQ. This is strictly OPTIONAL.
Our 2017 Captains so far are:
& possibly one more to follow (depends on how many register).... that is FUN bunch of captains!!!
If you want to geek out on the details and points you can continue reading below...if not just get signed up here
How does the Crux Intramural work?
Workout Days (every Friday from Feb 23-March 27th)
- You will sign up for your heat (aka class time) each week (times are subject to change due to the announcement of the workout by CrossFit HQ late Thursday night).
- All Friday class times will run the OPEN workout. Please note there is NO skill planned these days due to the nature of the workouts.
- Friday Night Lights - where are the magic happens - 6:00-8:30pm
- Come in dressed in your team colors and show your team pride (this is very important when it comes to your team score).
1)Attendance– Points are awarded for each team player who completes the workout each week.
- 2 points for completing the workout on Friday night.
- 1 point for completing it Friday morning classes or another time
- If workout is done twice, you will only receive credit for one. If you do it both Friday night and the weekend 2 points will still be awarded for the Friday night attendance.
2) Performance – 1 point Awarded to the males AND females in the top 3 in Rx AND top 3 in Scaled.
3) Spirit – 5 points Awarded to the team that has the most pride, noise and of course PRESENCE each week. This means one team could potentially win this each and every week!
4) Bonus – 5 points Awarded to each athlete who officially registers for the Open on games.crossfit.com
The Winning Team – Team with most points at the end of the Intramural Open will have full bragging rights for the year and a banner hung at Crux forever